Liquid Rhythm Kayaks focuses on you. We prefer to teach private classes. Information can be lost in large groups and often there are questions left unanswered. Our team experienced and certified Florida team have paddled some of the most unique waterways. We are certified by the American Canoe Association (ACA) and, or the British Canoe Union (BCU) and the school of hard knocks. Paddling is our dream, passion, and means of relaxation.
Private Kayak Classes: These are classes that we have created to work specifically for a paddler who only want to work on a specific thing.
- Confidence on the Water $50
- Class is about 3 hours in duration
- This unique kayak builds on paddlers knowledge of their known paddling techniques
- The goal is to increase fun and a paddlers time on the water while decreasing shoulder and back problems
- Learn tricks on how to enjoy paddling from lakes, rivers, protected flat water environments, and slightly windy ocean environments
- Foundation Skills Kayak Class $75
- Every Sunday at 10am
- Class is approximately 3 hours in duration.
- Develop the foundations needed for easy, skillful kayaking in most conditions.
- Learn efficient forward paddling, turning, reverse paddling and stopping.
- Stability and preventing capsize
- Rescue, assisted, and self-rescue
- Lifting, launching, and landing your kayak
- Directional Control $75
- Class is approximately 3 hours in duration.
- learn how movement is effected by the placement of the paddle, degree of edging, and blade angle
- Rolling $50 one hour of instruction
- Sunday by appointment
- The Private class is about 1 hour in duration
- The roll requires little upper body strength
- Paddlers will develop a safe capsize recovery by using their hips to roll
- If you paddle mostly in flowing seas we will focus more on bracing to decrease the need of rolling
- ($35 for repeat sessions)
- Greenland Kayak Classes
- Greenland Qajaq Classes are a specialty classes that teach people a relaxed style of paddling. Five different types of classes on the third and fourth Saturday of every month.
- Basic / Intro Paddling Strokes, $75
- Rolling “Self Recovery Techniques in the event of a capsize”, $50
- ACA Intro to Traditional Qajaq Skills kayak class, $85
- Greenland Kayak weekend package
* * *
If you are new to kayaking, congratulations, you are about to find the freedom to experience Florida in a relaxing and fun way. In addition, it is easy to learn how to paddle a kayak. The kayak is to control on the water.
We are located in Pinellas County Florida. We are conveniently positioned between Tampa Bay and the Gulf of Mexico.
We are happy to offer private sea kayaking lessons for an individual & couples (2 students per class max) from a basic introduction to kayaking to more advanced skills such as Greenland Kayak Rolling. Each class is unique and customized to your personal goals. Kayaks, PFD & paddle are not provided.
To schedule a class on Sunday contact my mobile phone 727.204.8810 or email me at email@example.com
* * *
Blog post about why classes are important.
* * *
- I want to learn to kayak. What class should I take first?The Kayak Rotation Refinement class is a great two-hour class to start with if a person only wants to know how to paddle. If a beginner wants to learn some safety and how to comfortable maneuver a kayak on still water then the three-hour, ACA Quick Start Your Kayak class is an excellent choice.
- Why do you offer so many kayak classes? We have designed all of our classes to build on the knowledge gained in the Rhythmic Rotation Refinement class and the ACA Quick Start Your Kayak class.
- How do I find out when you are offering classes? Click on the catagory of the class you are interested in. ACA Kayak Classes , Greenland Rolling , Private Kayak Classes
* * *
* * *
ACA Kayak Classes The American Canoe Association is a nationwide, not for profit organization that serves the broader paddling public by providing education on matters related to paddling. To achieve this goal the ACA certifies instructors that observe safety, excellent kayaking proficiency ability, and great communication skills. Jeff Fabiszewski is a certified ACA instructor and teaches five subsequent classes within the guidelines of the ACA to keep you safe on the water. I offer a ten dollar discount to members of the ACA who enroll in an ACA class.
ACA: Quick Start Your Kayak $60 three hours of instruction. Thinking about trying kayaking, but not sure you want to commit to a full-day class? This is the perfect course for you. Learn the basics – safety, lingo and how to maneuver a kayak – in three fun-filled hours. Be sure to follow this one up with a rescues class and you’ll be off to a great start.
ACA: Introduction to Kayaking $90 six hours of instruction. This is a comprehensive course to acquire skills to safely and enjoyably paddle on calm water. The kayaking class includes information on all different kinds of kayaks, about the equipment necessary to get started, and how to paddle safe on the water.
ACA: Essentials of Kayak Touring $110 eight hours of instruction. To teach beginner paddlers to safely and enjoyably kayak on lakes, rivers, calm protected ocean environments, and other flat water settings.
ACA: Coastal Kayak Basic Strokes and Rescues $110 eight hours of instruction. This intermediate course is designed to prepare paddlers to comfortably and safely paddle on protected flat water environments with conditions not to exceed 1-foot seas, 10 knot winds and be no more than 1/2 mile from shore I recommend the following tow rigs for this class.
ACA: Intro to Traditional Qajaq Skills$95 eight hours of instruction. Here you will learn why the Greenlanders are the masters of the roll. Part of the class will be an exhibition of many effortless rolls. We will practice paddling, sculling, balance braces, and rolls. You will work on learning to roll or for those having a solid roll, you may learn a new one. Having a Greenland style kayak with a low back and Greenland paddle really helps with this clinic.
* * *
Traditional Kayak Classes Greenland Qajaq Classes are a specialty classes that teaches people an ancient style of paddling. We offer five different types of classes.
- Basic / Intro Paddling Strokes, $75 three hour class, Thinking about trying Greenland traditional style kayaking, but not sure you want to commit to the ACA Intro to Traditional Qajaq Skills full-day class? Then, this is the perfect course for you. Learn the basics – safety, lingo and how to maneuver a kayak – in three fun-filled hours. In this comprehensive course students also learn how to lessen the chances of capsizing a kayak from a breaking wave or boat wake. Paddlers will work to develop low and high brace recovery strokes; as well as, learn that sculling is just about playing with degrees of wetness. Be sure to follow this one up with a self-recovery class and you will be off to a great start.
- Rolling “Self Recovery Techniques in the event of a capsize”, $50 private instruction, Explore the unique world between being upright and capsized. And students will discover a relaxed, safe, and reliable rolling techniques for the calm to the small craft advisory days. ($35 for repeat sessions)
- ACA Intro to Traditional Qajaq Skills kayak class, $85 eight hours of instruction $95 for non American Canoe Association members. Here you will learn why the Greenlanders are the masters of the roll. Part of the class will be an exhibition of many effortless rolls. We will practice paddling, sculling, balance braces, and rolls. You will work on learning to roll or for those having a solid roll, you may learn a new one. Having a Greenland style kayak with a low back and Greenland paddle really helps with this clinic.
- Greenland Kayak weekend package, Three hours of private instruction on Saturday, and a semi private catered kayak trip on Sunday. $100
- Toothpicks for Everyone, Land based lecture class, Thinking about why your fellow paddlers are using 8,000-year-old technology to paddle their kayaks. Or, you want to know how a Greenland style paddle can be good for your body. Request this Lecture class for your group of friends and learn another way of going green.