- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 cup instant rice
- 1 cup protein (chose one)
- peeled and de-veined cooked tiny bay shrimp
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup bottled Asian peanut sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 burrito-size flour tortillas, preferably spinach-flavored
In a small saucepan, bring 1/2 cup water to a boil over medium heat. Add oil and salt. Stir in rice. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand, covered, until water is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork, transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
Add protein, carrot, scallions, peanut sauce, cilantro, mint, lime juice and soy sauce to rice. Toss gently to mix.
Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels and heat in a microwave oven on high until soft, about 15 seconds. Spoon half of shrimp mixture onto lower third of one tortilla to form a 2 x 5-inch rectangle. Fold in sides to enclose filling, then firmly but gently roll up. Repeat with remaining tortilla and filling. Cut wraps in half on the diagonal and serve.